SunSmart Shade Creation Initiative
Cancer Council Queensland and the Queensland Department of Health are excited to support the SunSmart Shade Creation Initiative. If your organisation meets our eligibility criteria listed below, we highly encourage you to take the time to apply and reduce skin cancer rates in Queensland.
Pre-application check list
Our experience shows that groups who plan early often submit higher quality applications, increasing their chance of being a successful recipient. Below is a summary of steps to follow once the applications open.
Is your organisation eligible?
- Are you a Queensland organisation?
- Are you a not-for-profit and have proof of your organisation’s not-for-profit status?
- Does your organisation cater for 0-18 year olds?
- Your organisation did not receive funding for shade through the SunSmart Shade Creation Initiative 2018 or 2019.
What steps does my organisation need to take to apply?
- Create a user account with SurveyMonkey Apply by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button *You are able to save and edit your application form as you progress
- Register to Cancer Council Queensland’s free QUEST program at cancerqld.org.au/quest and decide on five sun protection strategies that your organisation will include if successful for funding.
- If you are a primary school, outside hours care service or early childhood centre join the National SunSmart program www.cancerqld.org.au/sunsmart
- Ensure your organisation has funding to cover remaining project costs.
What you can apply for:
- Portable Shade Marquee – sourced from CCQ’s preferred supplier
- Permanent shade sail
- Permanent hard roofed structure
- Application has been submitted on time with all required documentation and information provided.
- Meet eligibility criteria
- Justification for funding and proposed use of shade structure.
- Commitment towards implementing sun safety actions.
- Priority will be given to groups located in rural or remote areas and those in disadvantaged areas, based on the SEIFA and RA scoring system
If you have any questions about the SunSmart Shade Creation Initiative, please email firstname.lastname@example.org